Ep 38: Patrick Schaefer on the Outdoors & Hunting
January 12, 2022
Seth Spears, Patrick Schaefer
Patrick Schaefer joins the show for a great conversation about how the outdoors and hunting has positively impacted his life, even helping him cope with losing a parent at a young age. Patrick dives into his favorite outdoor brands and podcasts, balancing the responsibilities of life while still doing the things he loves and appreciating nature's divine design.
Patrick is a husband, stepfather, and fireman holding the rank of Battalion Chief, an avid outdoorsman, and a DIY public land hunter who spends regular time in the wilderness of Texas, Colorado, and Alaska.
"Try to leave everything better than you found it."
- Getting started in the outdoors
- God, nature & appreciation
- Losing a father at a young age
- Becoming a Firefighter
- Working through depression
- The importance of mentors
- Being the father, you didn't have
- Land stewardship & being environmentally conscious
- Balancing work, family & hunting
- Encouraging kids to love the outdoors
- Hunting in Colorado & Alaska
- Favorite gear & brands
The Adventure Made Podcast is sponsored by Rewild Gear. Essential gear built for the great outdoors, designed to fuel your next adventure. Come find your wild at RewildGear.com!