Adventure Made Podcast
Ep 24: Marcus Ewing on Hunting & The Average Conservationist
August 25, 2021
Marcus Ewing, Seth Spears
Marcus Ewing is the owner and founder of The Average Conservationist. He was born and raised in northern, lower Michigan, where he spent much of his youth hunting, fishing, camping, playing sports, and just being outdoors. Since starting the company, Marcus has partnered with 2% For Conservation to host The Average Conservationist Podcast, which primarily features businesses and individuals who have focused on giving back to wildlife.
- "Life begins when you step outside your comfort zone."
- Marcus's start in the outdoors
- Connecting with others through nature
- The glories of Deer Camp tradition & its rite of passage
- The importance of the outdoors & living harmoniously
- Littering, pollution, & being responsible
- The "Game Trashbag"
- Taking advantage of time spent with family & friends
- The gravity of taking a life
- Enjoyment & slowing down with life
- The journey over the destination
- Similarities of dating & hunting
- Opening morning, as exciting as Christmas
- Fishing stories
- Learning from mistakes
- Handing down knives
- Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)
- The Average Conservationist
- Adult-onset hunting