Ep 23: Christian Fortson on Nature & Addiction Recovery
August 18, 2021
Christian Fortson, Seth Spears
Christian Fortson is a firefighter, EMT and wilderness guide in Montgomery County, Texas. He works with kids and adults to help them learn from nature and spend more time in the wilderness.
- "The thing about being in nature is it's uncomfortable, and I've never heard of anybody growing in a comfortable state."
- "Get outdoors more and spend time with people."
- Christian's introduction to the outdoors
- Spending time in jail
- Doing fulfilling work
- Sobriety at 19
- The danger of selfishness
- Living in a car for three months
- Leading at-risk teens into the wilderness
- Being alone in the wild & facing your thoughts
- 21 days & breaking habits
- Societal changes & enjoying nature
- Leaving no trace behind
- Essential equipment
- Helping without expectation
The Adventure Made Podcast is sponsored by Rewild Gear. Essential gear built for the great outdoors, designed to fuel your next adventure. Come find your wild at RewildGear.com!