Ep 22: Dan Doty on Slowing Down & Connecting Outdoors
August 11, 2021
Seth Spears, Dan Doty
Dan Doty is a somatic meditation teacher, men's coach, wilderness guide, husband, and father. He has taken thousands of men into the outer and inner wilderness, guiding them to vulnerably accept their humanity and connect to each other. He currently coaches CEOs, founders, and teams and runs programs and groups for fathers based on embodiment, leadership, and accessing one's inner wildness.
- "Get outside and slow down"
- "We learn who we are in the outdoors"
- Early days of adulthood & working
- Moving to New York & a quarter-life crisis
- Dan's involvement with Meateater
- Getting started in film & media
- Learning how to tell stories & build brands
- Feeling at home in nature
- Breaking down barriers & being vulnerable
- The origins of Evryman
- Passion, mission, & paying the bills
- Developing awareness through the wilderness
- Feeling safe & belonging
- Constant stimuli
- Men's Group & trauma
- Conservation & what's needed
- Most memorable outdoor experience
- Essential gear
The Adventure Made Podcast is sponsored by Rewild Gear. Essential gear built for the great outdoors, designed to fuel your next adventure. Come find your wild at RewildGear.com!