Adventure Made Podcast
Ep 8: Jared Frasier & 2% For Conservation
May 05, 2021
Seth Spears, Jared Frasier
Jared Frasier is the executive director of 2% For Conservation, a non-profit organization certifying businesses and individuals that give at least 1% of their time and 1% of their money to fish and wildlife conservation, and of which Rewild Gear is a proud member.
In today's interview Jared explains how businesses and individuals can help improve our natural world through conservation, how our environment is changing and what we can do about it, balancing nature with modern urban society, the politics of rewilding, what the greatest need in the outdoors is today, and much more.
Quote: “Get out and do more.”
- How businesses and individuals can get involved in conservation
- How 2% For Conservation differs from other organizations
- The ethics of catch and release fishing
- Why ballot initiatives are not the best way to improve wildlife biology
- How volunteering our time to improve nature is the most important thing we can all do
- Jared's favorite outdoor activities & most memorable experiences
- Essential equipment to always carry in the outdoors
- 2% Community Conservation Day - August 21, 2021
- Why we should share pictures of litter clean up and conservation efforts on social media